I have the list of things that Border7 needs to do form an LLC. This list is found from NOLO and seems to be rather helpful:

  1. Choose an available business name that complies with your state’s LLC rules.
  2. File formal paperwork, usually called articles of organization, and pay the filing fee (ranging from about $100 to $800, depending on your state’s rules).
  3. Create an LLC operating agreement, which sets out the rights and responsibilities of the LLC members.
  4. Publish a notice of your intent to form an LLC (required in only a few states).
  5. Obtain licenses and permits that may be required for your business.

So after going over that list, I realized that the name has to have some form of LLC at the end of it. And I don’t know if I can see Border7 LLC on anything. Just doesn’t sound to appealing to me. But the team will need to discuss this as it is a vital portion of forming any company.

We will have to refile the DBA once we’ve established our official business name. We will also have to write out the Articles of Organization (more information-particularly for the state of California can be found here) and file that ($70 and $800 tax!). Next on the list would be creating an LLC Operation Agreement.

Yay! Paperwork! Anyone else think that maintaining the General Partnership that we are is a better idea solely because all that paperwork has already been filed?