What is Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a way of fulfilling an order that does not require you to keep inventory.
So, instead of having to manage stock and inventory, your online store sells the product and then shares the sales order to a 3rd-party supplier (dropshipper) who then ships the order.
After a customer buys a dropshipped product and the service is paid by you (this can be automatic or manual) the supplier will then fulfill the order.
How Can it Help Your Business?
It’s a great way to complement your existing services and improve the buying experience for your customers.
You can also offer products that appeal to your audience without the headache of managing or purchasing inventory.
What You’ll Need
- Domain for your website (for example, mydropshippingbusiness.com) Instructions for how to purchase your domain from Wix can be found here.
- Paid Wix Account (ecommerce plans range from $23-$49/mo)
- Create your Wix website (want it fast? check out our Wix Website in a Day program)
- Add the products you want to offer on your website
- Create a digital strategy to drive traffic to your site (social media advertising, Google AdWords, search engine optimization, content creation, etc. – for more on digital strategy, click here).
Dropshipping with Wix – How it Works
Modalyst – dropshipping is an app you can add to your Wix site where you’ll see millions of dropship items to sell through your store.
You can start an account for free, control your branding and packaging, automate your eCommerce operations, and add high-quality discounted products with fast shipping.
Print-on Demand Products
These are often used for t-shirt designs. You can choose from different products and add your original designs or logos.
Like the name suggests, these products are created on-demand after the order is placed.
Pros of Dropshipping
- Low risk
- Small investment
- No commitments for order minimums
Tips for Success
- Research popular keyword searches and choose products (and the name of your business) accordingly
- Calculate your costs and revenue (stay competitive, but make sure you have a profit margin built in)
- Provide a memorable, easy-to-use buying experience through your website
- Design consistent branding that communicates your message
- Create engaging content that is tailored to your audience and share often on social media
- Brand your packaging to look more professional (use Wix Logo Maker or 99 designs to create your logo)