Updated: March 20, 2020
We are always on the lookout for ways we can provide value and help our clients with varying needs. One of the ways we do this is through our partnerships.
Over the years, we’ve worked with startups looking to get online, small businesses with a couple of employees who are excited to grow, all the way to multi million dollar companies that have a team of 30+ people with the goal of streamlining processes online and providing a more custom user experience.
It’s important to us to find options that will fit the needs of all of our clients.
Border7 Becomes a Certified Wix Expert & Partner
With this in mind, we recently made the decision and are excited to announce that we have become Wix partners.
We’re thrilled to offer an easy to use solution to our clients who are looking to create and manage a simple website with ease.
A Quick Background on Wix
Wix is a cloud-based web development platform that was founded in 2006 and allows users to create HTML5 websites through drag and drop tools.
Users can also add functionality to their site such as ecommerce, online marketing, forums, booking options, and social plug-ins.
Wix has made a lot of recent changes since they first came to market, but to highlight just a few, we love:
- Easy to use Wix Editor – With an innovative drag and drop website builder, you can choose to create and update your website yourself, or save even more time by having an expert build your site for you.
- Personalized SEO Plan & Integrations with Google – Wix used to not always be as impressive with their SEO capabilities, but things have definitely changed for the better. You can now follow a personalized SEO plan and get your site ranking on Google with ease.
- Mobile Optimization & Advanced Design Features – Make your site look awesome on all devices, prioritize what you show on mobile and bring your site to life with video backgrounds, animation and scroll effects.
- Wix Code – Advanced capabilities are now available with all the design features of the Wix Builder, so you can now have custom web applications, manage content through a database and create custom interactions.
- Professional Features & Apps for Your Site – Wix offers all the must-have features you need to build a successful online business and provides access to Apps that bring even more functionality to your site (for example, with our extensive background with ecommerce, we are impressed with the Wix ecommerce app, you can accept credit cards without having to pay Wix a transaction fee and you can set customized tax and shipping rules for each destination).
Other Great Features Wix Has to Offer
- Free secure hosting
- Custom domain name
- Multi-page and One page templates
- Ability to mark pages as private or protected
- Add audio and video with ease
- Add a blog, social button & Facebook apps
- Support, video tutorials & a knowledge base to help you learn
Is Wix a Good Fit for Your Business?
While Wix is an excellent solution for small businesses and entrepreneurs who are looking to get online quickly and manage their site without having to deal with 3rd party plugins, security updates and custom modifications. Like all platforms, however, it does have certain limitations.
If you have a large website (more than 30 pages), or have very custom/technical requirements, you might need a different solution.
Not Sure if Wix is for You?
Let us know what type of website you are planning to create and share your goals for your business. We’d be happy to make a recommendation and let you know if we feel Wix would be a good fit for your business.
Need Guidance from a Certified Wix Expert?
Schedule a free strategy session with our team today to chat about your business, what might be holding you back and how our programs can help!